Sponsored links

Search in my blog

Custom Search

Monday, February 24, 2014

Blooming of my Odontoglossum hybrid (Cambria)





Odontoglossum hybrid (Cambria) in pot, flower detail
Odontoglossum hybrid (Cambria) from IKEA, in bloom 
after one year growing in pot with bark e sphagnum,
flower detail
(picture of 29 September 2012)

I bought this orchid for the beauty of the flower and the shape of the plant in general, but without having clear in mind her needs. The directions on the label were scarce, as for all plants of the Swedish multinational, the only certainty I had was on genetics, in fact, the commercial hybrids are usually like tanks, if they manage to survive into the store to get them stone dead there wants an atomic disaster! ;-)
This Cambria confirmed it for me.




Odontoglossum hybrid (Cambria) all plant and flowers
Odontoglossum hybrid (Cambria) from IKEA, in bloom 
after one year growing in pot with bark e sphagnum
(picture of 29 September 2012)

2 comments:

  1. It just happens that I also love these plants(duuh!who wouldn't?) and hope your hybrid is doin' just fine right now!BTW,can U give me some sites from your country(Sweden,right?) how sell orchids?Not that we don't have some in Romania also,but here the market of orchids is pretty limited,we don't have that many types,unfortunatelly.. 4 exemple,I never saw an Odontoglossum until now.. I did had the opportunity 2 buy a "jewel orchid" once,which I did,that was such a superb little orchid! :) I also bought some Oncidium,Miltonia,Cambria,Zygopetalum and of course the ever present Phalaenopsis in my life so far,from some flower shops here in Romania.. Hope many more will follow soon! God bless you & your orchids!
    PS: Sweden - the best!I love ABBA and the blonde hair and blue eyes that U pepople have.. :) Actually,'cuz I'm also blonde and I have blue eyes I once made a joke with an elder woman here in Romania.. It was like this: that day was a very cold weather outside and I was walking dressed improperly,like it was a sunny day.. So she asked me how come I came out dressed so thin and I told her,wanting 2 make a joke,that I did so 'cuz from where I'm from is very cold most times,so I was used 2 that type of weather.. Then of course she asked me from where I was and I answered her: "I'm from Stockholm.." :) And she was like: "Oh,yeah..I heard about this town(probably from the European weather report on TV,that is broadcasted before the weather of Romania in some TV stations).. Is nice there where U were born.." and I told her: "Oh,yeah..very nice,actually.." - so she actually believed me when I told her I'm from Stockholm.. :) And the point is that if U're blonde and U have blue eyes it's very easy 4 other people 2 believe U when U tell them that U're from Sweden,even if that's not true.. :) Funny stuff,isn't it?God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,
      actually I'm from Italy and now I live in Germany,
      anyway you can try at http://www.orchideen.com/ (Orchids & More), they send orchids all over Europe.
      Greetings.

      Delete